Esri UK Conference 2015 Showcases Ground-breaking GIS Applications - 10/04/2015
Esri UK has announced that its 2015 Annual Conference, the biggest ever Esri GIS conference in the UK, will take place at the QEII Conference Centre, London on Tuesday 19 May 2015. With the theme ‘GIS Creating our Future’, the event will showcase how Esri’s ground-breaking new GIS applications are being used by customers in everyday life, from the government to businesses and individuals. Customers and guest speakers will also talk about how GIS is helping them to confront today’s global challenges from pollution and climate change, to population growth and urbanisations.
Keynote speakers include Marco Sala, Senior GI Technical Specialist at Network Rail; Graham Morgan, Sellafield Ltd; Fraser King, Mobile Analytics Product Development Manager at Vodafone Global Enterprise and Paul Ahern, Irish Water. Esri UK’s new Managing Director Stuart Bonthrone will kick off the conference by delivering the opening plenary address.
“This free one-day conference provides a great opportunity for GIS professionals to hear inspirational speakers, network with over 2,000 skilled GIS professionals, meet up with the Esri UK team and to discover new tips and techniques in best practice for GIS,” said Bonthrone. “The conference broke previous attendance records last year. This year, with nine tracks, over 70 presentations, product demos, workshops and training sessions, we are expecting it to be busier than ever.”
The conference also features a range of short presentations by public and private sector organisations on topics of interest to Esri users and GIS professionals attending the event. Presenting organisations include the Highways Agency, the Cabinet Office, Harrow Council and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance.
Other highlights of this year’s event include:
- The Urban Observatory – The world’s first interactive exhibit, giving delegates the chance to compare, contrast and explore maps of cities around the world – all from a single location;
- Platform Tracks - Track themes will focus on the four elements of the ArcGIS platform and customer presentations will explore everyday scenarios of how GIS helps create a better, more informed world;
- Education Track - Join teachers and students from across the UK; see amazing projects and learn about best GIS practice from schools and universities;
- Developer Track - Provides attendees with an opportunity to find out about developing on the ArcGIS Platform and exploring the wider ecosystem of complementary technologies;
- This year also, for the first time, delegates will have the opportunity to download the brand new conference app and make connections with others in their industry or geographic area who work with the same apps and make similar maps.
- All Esri UK customers and technology users including new users of Esri’s GIS, seasoned GIS professionals, GIS and IT managers and decision-makers are invited to attend the event.
For more information about the Esri UK Conference 2015, which is free to attend for Esri UK customers, please visit http://www.esriuk.com/events/annual-conference-2015/Last updated: 21/11/2019